Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Midrange Road

The family (wife and two kids) and I moved to a comfortable condo on Midrange Road, Green City. We've been here six months, and it's been pretty great. This is our home.
I'm 35, and I've been a plumber for thirteen years. At the age of 27, I bought my boss' small, independent company and expanded it to include 15 employees. When the stress of running my own business got to be too much for my health, it was time for a change. My wife agreed, so we moved to Green City. With the money I made from selling the company, we bought this wonderful three bedroom, two bathroom condo on Midrange Road on the east side. My wife got a job as a teacher at Green City Elementary, and I work part-time fixing leaky faucets in our neighborhood.

Our daughters, Jill and Jane, each have their own room, which they love. They share a bathroom, as do the wife and I, but the best part about our new residence is the kitchen. A sky window heats a solar panel that works the oven, stove, and microwave. It's amazing how much money can be saved, especially in the winter, when you don't have to pay for gas. Public transport is wonderful, a bus without a driver that runs on magnetism stops down the street every twenty minutes and runs twenty four hours a day. Electricity is free thanks to the nifty solar panel out back.

Overall, moving to Green City is probably the best thing I've done for myself, my family, and the environment.

-Joe the Plumber

No comments: